myGRiST is designed to help you explore, assess and manage risk and personal safety issues associated with mental health problems. It has been developed in collaboration with mental health service users for their own use, and for members of the public to use.
myGRiST is a companion tool to our suite of evidence-based GRiST risk assessment tools, used by mental health practitioners. It collects the same information, but with a different interface. We developed it to help people:
- Understand the things in their life which put them at risk and make them feel unsafe
- Collect and record comprehensive information about them, which can be shared with others
- Decide if and when they need to seek help with their problems
- Explain how they are feeling to others
- Have a voice in clinical encounters and care decisions
- Manage their own risk and personal safety issues.
Current development of myGRiST is sponsored by the Health Foundation. The first full public release will be in January 2015, and a telephone app will follow soon afterwards.
Select the logo above to access a version of myGRiST with a subset of the eventual functionality. We will be upgrading it between now and January prior to the final full launch. If you have any thoughts about it, then please do let us know so that it keeps addressing people's needs.